Thursday, March 17, 2011

MILEPOST 108 - HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Week 32 - each week is a new beginning. I just weighed in, and lost another 3 pounds this week, for a total of 108.  Today is St. Patrick's Day, so it is only fitting to offer the Irish Prayer to each of you, my faithful supporters:
UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN,                            
                       "May the road rise to meet you,
                              May the wind be always at your back,
                              May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                              The rains fall soft upon your fields, and
                              Until we meet again,
                              May God hold you in the palm of his hand."

"Although I am experiencing success in the weight loss, I am also in somewhat of a "funk".  It is becoming a bit tedious.  I am finding that I have to reward myself more and more often to keep from becoming downright 'cranky'!  Bob could probably attest to my moodiness, but also probably won't.   
There is no reason I should feel anything but sheer delight with the process.  And, when I am being rational, that is exactly what I do feel.
I have decided that perhaps I need another 'planned deviation' from the program.  I don't want to risk any of the progress, so planning a day to just enjoy the experience of eating without being concerned about the carbs - or the sugar content -  should offer the release I have been searching for.  I have decided that Mother's Day will be my day off - my vacation from the program.
But, until then, we have so many fun things planned.  These are things that we would be doing anyway, but I know that I will be able to enjoy them so much more completely now that I am so much healthier.  As soon as I finish this posting, we are jumping into our new little mini cooper convertible and heading for Lincoln City, OR to see Charlie Pride.  We have a room facing the ocean, and I intend to walk hand in hand on the beach with my honey. 
Then, in two weeks we are going to meet Jack in Lake Tahoe and will travel to San Francisco to attend the orientation at Berkeley where he will be entering the grad program in the fall.  So, as the weather becomes warmer, we will be able to enjoy all of the summer experiences that we so love.
Very interesting observation! 
As I sat here trying to decide what I would share this week, I realized that the 'funk' I am experiencing is nothing more than the winter doldrums that I experience every year when I am so sick of being cold.  I HAVE SPRING FEVER - AND HAVE NO SPRING YET!  Although, today the sun is shining and I feel so much better!
My 'funk' has nothing to do with the program, so all is well.
                        "May God give you for every storm, a rainbow...
                              For every tear, a smile,
                              For every care, a promise,
                              And, a blessing in each trial.

                              For every problem life sends
                              A faithful friend to share,
                              For every sigh, a sweet song,
                              And an answer for each prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment