Thursday, June 16, 2011

MILEPOST 151 - YAY!!!!

MILEPOST 151 - YAY!!!


Milestones! I met the goal I set for Father's Day! I have lost over 150 pounds - 151 so far! And, I am under 200 pounds! Only 29 more to go! As summer approaches, there are so many challenges to be met. I feel as though I am in control, but each new day presents a new hurdle. As I get closer to my final destination, I will need to dig deep and maintain all the control I have acquired over the past 10 months.

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." - Helen Keller

This has been a very important message for me to remember as I travel along the road to my weight loss destination. My "great and noble" task, of course, is the completion of my 180-pound loss. But, along the way, each day presents a number of smaller tasks that have to be accomplished first. Each task is a hurdle that must be cleared on the way to the finish line.

This weekend will present a number of challenges. We have lots of company spending the weekend with us. That means cooking meals - and desserts. I have remained strong on other occasions, but each time is a new challenge in its own right. The easiest foods to prepare for a large group of people are foods which taste good, but are definitely not approved on program. Potato salad. Baked beans. Hot dogs and hamburgers.

"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

I know this to be true. I want to realize my ideal weight tomorrow, and know that in order to do that, I must not succumb to the temptations that I know will be constantly present today.

"Most of our obstacles would melt away if, instead of cowering before them, we should make up our minds to walk boldly through them." - Orison Swett Marden

I guess that by anticipating the worse, I am cowering! I recall the beginning of this journey. I literally had to take each minute and get through that minute without faltering. I know that if I do that this weekend, I will be successful.

I can do anything for one minute at a time!

"Adversity is another way to measure the greatness of individuals. I never had a crisis that didn't make me stronger." - Lou Holtz

2 comments:

  1. Fill up on something legal before company comes, then spend a lot of time talking to people - but don't eat and talk.

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there to help you out this weekend - i could do all the cooking and be the tempted one. I love you! I can't wait to hug that new body of yours!

    ReplyDelete