Thursday, September 8, 2011

MILEPOST 178 - SO CLOSE!

MILEPOST 178 - 2 MORE POUNDS!

"There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream." - Unknown

I can't believe that only 13 months have passed since I decided to join the Ideal Protein weight loss plan. So many changes have taken place in my life that it is hard to relate to all of them. I must share with you that it is so nice to spend time getting ready for a dinner date, and know that when you get done, you look pretty darn good.



I had prepared myself for a less than successful week. There were three things that I felt could - and probably would - trigger a slight gain this week. And, since I am now a coach for the program, it only seemed prudent to weigh in during the time slot when I would be working.

1. I began a new phase of the program. Although Phase 2 is a pretty basic change, it is still a different approach to my diet.
2. I was exercising more strenously than at any other time on the program,and
3. I weighed in at a completely different time of day, under different circumstances.

So, yesterday, I ate my lunch - drank a full bottle of water - and weighed in. I was devastated. Although I had prepared myself, I was not ready for a 2-pound gain. Bob, Jack and Toni - and my coaches - all tried to console me. It helped, but I resolved that I would not record that weight - I would go back in today at a more regular time and weigh in again. And, if I still registered a gain, I would accept it for what is was - a minor setback.

"Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce." - Unknown

However, when I stepped on the scale today, I was elated. Another 2 pound loss! And, only a little over two pounds to my destination. I bounced fine.

Montana this weekend - one more very full week of work - and THEN---

I am so ready for Hawaii.

1 comment:

  1. You just passed an "I can't do it" test. The devastation you felt over the gained pounds could stop a diet. However, you calmly identified the probable cause and set a plan to get back on track. I'd say you've done very well.

    ReplyDelete